ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Another business that hasn’t slowed is construction. Bernalillo County says building permits have held steady during the outbreak.
Construction is considered an essential business that includes new construction, repair and remodeling. In the last three weeks, there have been 60 residential building permits compared to 53 before the stay-at-home order and 12 commercial building permits compared to nine.
The permits for plumping, mechanical, sprinklers and other installs have been very similar. The county has kept its Planning Department open for permitting but has made modifications to reduce human interaction.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites