SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Santa Fe Public Schools facilities and maintenance employee working at Nye Early Childhood Center tested positive for COVID-19 on September 10 according to a news release.
The school said the employee had not been at work since September 2 and was instructed to self-isolate. The only person who had close contact with the employee has been notified and is self-quarantining for 14 days from the date of contact. SFPS says all reporting, cleaning, and disinfection protocols have been completed at Nye. The exposed person must test before returning to work.
SFPS says any contractor or employee testing positive for COVID-19 must provide a list of direct contacts to the New Mexico Department of Health and SFPS’ lead nurse, who assists with contact tracing.
- Sixth Santa Fe Public Schools employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Enrollment forms show SFPS parents still split on hybrid versus remote models
- Santa Fe Public Schools holds virtual town hall meetings for remote learning
- Santa Fe Public School leaders, students address youth violence
- Santa Fe teachers can request medical exemptions during pandemic