ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – ABQ Ride has added another layer of cleaning to the nightly routine aboard its buses. Last month, the city started using electrostatic foggers which can disinfect the interior of a bus within about a minute. The new fogging regiment in on top of ABQ Ride’s practice of wiping down all the high-touch surfaces every night.
“In using these foggers, they’ve been able to add an extra level of sanitization and care of the buses and the cleaning of the buses that we hadn’t had before,” said Rick DeReyes of ABQ Ride.
“These electrostatic sprayers completely paint the inside of a bus or Sun Van with a disinfecting fog, which covers every surface inside the vehicle,” said Danny Holcomb in a news release, Transit Director. “Using handheld sprayers for both buses and Sun Vans or larger backpack sprayers for the bigger buses, we can have the fleet disinfected and ready to go every morning.”
The foggers are being used on the larges buses as well as Sun Vans. ABQ RIDE requires passengers and employees to wear a face mask or face covering and encourages riders to adhere to COVID-safe practices.
ABQ RIDE is using special foggers to quickly and easily disinfect and sanitize its buses and Sun Vans. Saves on time and gives passengers yet another layer of protection when riding Transit. Details in the link below:https://t.co/jqUSNIPGYe— ABQ RIDE 🚌 (@abqride) September 14, 2020
Latest Local News
- Popejoy announces 2021-2022 season
- FACE the Hunger campaign strives to feed New Mexico’s hungry children, families
- WATCH LIVE: Mayor Keller, Albuquerque officials to provide update on city’s path from Yellow to Turquoise Level
- Bernalillo County District Attorney Torrez provides update on unsolved homicide
- Authorities search for man accused of theft, stabbing loss prevention employee