1. Investigators confirm they have found the body of 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada, three days after she went missing. Search crews combing the Rio Grande in Espanola found the body just before noon. The sheriff and FBI held a news conference Wednesday afternoon to confirm the discovery.
2. Dry air moves into the state tonight bringing any storms to a quick end. Thursday will be sunny and mild with little or no storm action. However, by Friday more moisture moves in to fuel weekend storms.
Full Story: Mark’s Wednesday Evening Forecast
3. Prosecutors are trying to get a new judge in the case of a sheriff-turned-judge accused of stealing. In a motion filed last week, the Attorney General’s Office states District Court Judge Charles Brown has made comments in court that show he’s biased and that he should recuse himself from Heath White’s embezzlement case.
4. A task force looking into the legalization of recreational marijuana is laying out some of their recommendations. The group opposes state-run pot stores. Instead, they are proposing the state take charge of licensing companies to grow and sell recreational marijuana.
5. As Rio Rancho anticipates the arrival of President Donald Trump, the city has decided to close Rio Rancho Pubilc Schools, as well as all City of Rio Rancho offices and facilities on Monday. The Rio Rancho Municipal Court and Sandoval County offices will also be closed on Monday.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Government plans to ban flavors used in e-cigarettes
- New Mexico launches Online Dispute Resolution program
- Sandoval County farm helps veterans overcome PTSD
- Community gathers at Civic Plaza to remember 9/11
- Local first responders honor 9/11 victims with annual stair climb
- UNM partners with Grubhub to offer online ordering