With earth day happening this weekend, you may be thinking of planting a tree,but if you don’t know how, or need a little guidance, Osuna Nursery is here to help.
- Now is the best time to plant trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Plant summer flowering bulbs, such as gladiolus, lilies or dahlias.
- Dethatch, aerate and water lawns.
- Start mowing established lawns
- Reseed cool season lawns in April.
- Apply Bonide pre-emergent to lawns and ornamental beds to prevent weed seed germination.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs shortly after blooming in late spring or early summer.
- Time to cut back ornamental grasses if not already done so. Cut them to a ball shape.
- Plant fruit trees: apple apricot, cherry, pecan, plum, pear, pomegranate.
- Plant shade trees (ash, elm, cottonwood) and ornamental trees (flowering cherry, plum, crab apple) now.
- Plant ornamental grasses.
- Plant bulbs, such as dahlia, canna, gladiolus and lily.
- Plant strawberries, raspberries, currant, grapes, asparagus, potatoes and hardy herbs.
- Plants shrubs and vines.
- Plant annual bedding plants.
- Plant perennials.
- Plant native plants.
Watch the video.