During the summer many kids don’t get enough water because they forget to drink it or say they don’t like it.
Flavored water is a good way to encourage kids to drink water. Let them pick out the flavors they want to use in the water.
Also, many kids snack during the summer – these snacks should be healthy.
The fruit and peanut butter dip recipe is a good example because it has some protein from the peanut butter. Yogurt and fruit is a good source of fiber. This combination of protein and fiber will help them feel full longer.
Fruit and Peanut Butter Dip Ingredients:
- 6 cups of washed and chopped fruit (apple, banana, pears, grapes,or strawberries)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
1. Wash all the fruit and slice into pieces that are easy to dip
2. Collect and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe
3. Combine yogurt, vanilla and peanut butter in medium bowl and mix well
4. Chill dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve
5. Serve with fruit arranged on a plate around a bowl of the dip
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days