Now is your chance to make the perfect St. Paddy’s day cupcake, with the help from the experts at Smallcakes.
Here is the recipe to make Smallcakes’ Irishman Cupcake
- Chocolate Cake Batter (homemade or store bought)
- Guinness Stout Beer (1 small bottle)
- Irish Whiskey (or any other whiskey is fine as well)
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Chocolate Buttercream Icing (store bought or homemade)
- Whip Cream
- Fudge Sauce
- Large straw or other device for filling cupcakes
- Pastry bags or plastic bags & rubber bands
- Pastry tip (star design)
- Plastic squeeze bottle with small nozzle for drizzling fudge on top
- Green sprinkles
- Start with a good chocolate cupcake batter homemade or store bought
- Replace 1 cup of water in the recipe with 1 cup of Guinness beer
- For filling-Start with a good vanilla icing/buttercream either homemade or store bought and mix in 2 tablespoons of whisky. Add more to taste depending on how much of a whiskey taste you desire.
- Take a large straw and poke hole down through cupcake being sure not to poke all the way to the bottom. Make hole to desired diameter. Fill pastry bag or plastic bag then cut tip and fill cupcakes with icing.
- For top icing start with a chocolate icing/buttercream either homemade or store bought and mix in 2-3 tablespoons of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Add more to taste as desired making sure the icing does not get too runny. Fill pastry bag with a star tip and pipe onto top of cupcake.
- Fill another pastry bag with star tip with whip cream, homemade or store bought or use a can of prepared whip cream and add dollop on top.
- Finally drizzle fudge sauce on top and green sprinkles for the ultimate Irish inspired cupcake!
Smallcakes will be out at the Chocolate and Coffee Fest this weekend so stop by their booth and get a sample of the Irishman Cupcake.