1. KRQE News 13 is learning more about the young man accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend and her mother in their Nob Hill home. The principal at Amy Biehl High School says Jesus Cartagena and his ex, Shanta Hanish, were sweet and smart students.
2. Police are investigating what caused a deadly bus crash near Pueblo, Colorado on I-25 Sunday. Officials say two people have died and 13 others are injured.
3. Moisture will slowly move back over New Mexico over the next few days. The result will be increasing storms. The storms will pop up first over eastern New Mexico on Tuesday. Moisture will then move into the central areas of the state by mid and late week.
Full Story: Mark’s Monday Evening Forecast
4. It’s easy to find bumps, cracks, and holes in Albuquerque’s roads—but people on one tiny street have a real reason to complain. You know you’re on Plume Road when you hear the car roll over the cracks in the road.
Full Story: Westside Albuquerque road riddled with cracks
5. A former inmate transport officer facing federal charges after he was accused of raping a female inmate has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- ‘Hellfire Ride’ raises money for injured firefighters
- Pine Lodge Fire burns approx. 7,898 acres in Lincoln National Forest
- Bernalillo County to discuss paid sick leave ordinance
- Clovis police track man by following bloody trail
- Walmart to accept SNAP payments for online grocery pickup
- Ten 3, new restaurant atop Sandia Peak Tramway, nearly finished
- NMSU traveling hat unites Aggies across the globe
- Senior Games’ athletes compete in doubles tennis tournament
- New wind farm coming to southeast New Mexico
- Wells Fargo donates $40,000 to homeless veterans
- Game of Thrones live concert experience in Santa Fe on Sep. 30