1. Newly released video shows the moments after a suspected drunk driver plowed into an Albuquerque police car on I-40, injuring the officer. The suspect, Kyla Martinez, went to great lengths to avoid talking to police about what she’d just done.
2. As the massive I-25 and Rio Bravo project is entering its final weeks, it has become apparent the landscaping is missing. The city and the state are both hoping the other will come up with the millions it takes to dress up the interchange.
3. Temps will fall into the 70s & 80s this evening with most areas remaining dry. An isolated storm is possible across the far northeast through 10 p.m.
Full Story: Wednesday Evening Forecast
4. A new memorial for an Albuquerque skater now sits at a local skate park after the old one vanished. Police say Steven Beck shot Cody Raver after a fight broke out at the Los Altos Skate Park back in April. A cross was placed at the south entrance, but a few days ago, it disappeared.
5. The city of Albuquerque and the mayor have pushed for more transparency so that the public knows how their money is being spent. However, KRQE News 13 found some things aren’t as transparent as you think, and they’re actually breaking the law.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Senators push to integrate life-saving tech into cars
- Governor announces new head of State Corrections Department
- APD requires cadets to complete community service project
- Joy Harjo is first Native American named US poet laureate
- State-of-the-art preschool in the works for Rio Rancho
- Senior athletes duke it out on the badminton court
- La Familia Growers Market returns to Bernalillo County
- Sneak peek: Brand new attractions to debut at Roswell’s UFO Festival