1. The DEA says a lot of bad things were happening inside the Best Choice Inn on Central and Charleston. Tuesday, they raided the motel, taking several people into custody, and they say it’s just the beginning.
2. Before he was charged with murdering a UNM baseball player outside a bar in Nob Hill, Darian Bashir was arrested for shooting a man outside a downtown bar. KRQE News 13 is now taking a deeper look at that case against Bashir.
3. High pressure will build in across the area leading to our warmest days of the year so far through Thursday. Fewer and fewer showers will be possible with highs in the metro area in the 90’s.
Full Story: Mark’s Tuesday Evening Forecast
4. There is now a GoFundMe page for the motorcyclist who vandalized the new rainbow crosswalk on Central. The woman behind the fundraiser says it’s a civil rights issue.
5. The parents of the teen accused of firing a gun inside a Rio Rancho high school are also facing charges. Dale and Tamera Owen are charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for failing to keep their gun away from their son, Josh.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- City looks to make changes to Candelaria Nature Preserve
- Man accused of placing explosive device under ex’s bed pleads guilty
- High water levels along Rio Grande catch some New Mexicans off guard
- Park-goers fed up with people dumping trash at recycling drop-off site
- 103-year-old Julia ‘Hurricane” Hawkins takes gold in 100-meter dash
- Entertainment legend shows off his basketball skills at National Senior Games
- 95-year-old Albuquerque woman goes on hunger strike
- New charter school breaks ground in southwest Albuquerque
- NM Tourism Department announces #TrashTag photo contest