1. Police have identified a man wanted for murder. They’re looking for Jerred Holguin. He’s facing a murder charge after a shooting at a car wash near San Mateo and Marble earlier this month.
2. He was arrested in connection with the vehicle that may have been involved in a deadly hit-and-run that killed a Cibola High School student. Juan Carlos Ramirez has had a lot of arrests and a lot of breaks, according to court records.
3. Prosecutors said University of New Mexico students were part of an international rip off scheme. The students are accused of targeting college employees and other students.
4. High pressure remains over the state but moisture will still increase across the area through the weekend. Weak weather disturbances will round the high and bring in better rain chances through the weekend.
Full Story: Mark’s Tuesday Evening Forecast
5. A serial child rapist is going back to prison. Edward Cebada, 28, will serve 16 years for raping a 16-year-old girl in Albuquerque while on parole for other sex-related crimes.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- State Police video shows fiery semi-truck crash on I-40
- West Nile virus detected in Bernalillo County mosquitoes
- Fed cuts key rate in its first reduction in more than decade
- Albuquerque has not spent any of $250,000 allocated to help asylum seekers
- Debating in Detroit, Dems appeal to working class
- New Mexico DPS plans to upgrade forensics lab, evidence storage
- Archaeologists work to uncover Belen’s first church
- New drone will assist in emergency management situations
- City of Albuquerque hosts school supply drive
- Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive kicking off in Roswell