1. Stephen Goldman has been at the center of a double murder investigation after the bodies of two teens were found buried on the mesa west of Albuquerque late last year. Now, Goldman could be sent to Nevada on robbery and burglary charges.
2. People in one Rio Rancho neighborhood are searching for answers. They believe rat poison could be the cause of nearly a dozen dogs dying. Ayesha Martinez reached out to her neighbors after two of her dogs died, and learned at least 10 other families had been through the same thing.
3. The mother of Ashlynne Mike is urging tribal officials to take advantage of new funding tools to respond to reports of missing Native American children. A federal law named after Mike was signed into law last year, expanding the Amber Alert system to tribal land.
4. High pressure over the state will continue to limit storms in the Albuquerque area and across eastern New Mexico. The best storm coverage will be along the western edge of the state and the northern mountains. Storms will expand over the weekend.
Full Story: Mark’s Tuesday Evening Forecast
5. Fire officials say an explosion at an Albuquerque motel was accidental, and because of that, charges will not be filed. Investigators say a portable propane tank caused an explosion at the Hiway House Motel on Central near Girard last Friday night.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Hazmat situation in North Valley leads to evacuations
- Two charged with murder of Albuquerque homeless man
- Suspected gang member accused of smuggling people across border
- Santa Fe votes to write off unpaid parking ticket debt
- Democrats push for constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United
- Wildlife organizations threaten lawsuit to protect threatened NM lizard
- Some in New Mexico vow to fight prairie chicken lawsuit
- State holds free immunization clinics for New Mexico kids
- French hot air balloon festival says it’s ‘biggest gathering in the world’