1. A federal court judge has ruled it’s no longer a crime for people in Albuquerque to ask for money on city sidewalks, medians or freeway on and off-ramps.
2. New video shows the harrowing moments after an Albuquerque police officer got trapped in a stolen truck, and the guy behind the wheel took him for a wild ride.
3. High pressure will slide north and west over the next few days. This will allow a cold front to move east to west through the state Sunday. The result will be an increasing chance of showers late this weekend and early next week.
Full Story: Mark’s Friday Evening Forecast
4. Police are asking the public to avoid an area in southeast Albuquerque Friday morning following the death of a man who arrived at a convenience store with injuries.
5. KRQE News 13 has learned Albuquerque police officers were getting sick from drinking the water from the water cooler at their police station. The illness caused quite a scare and sent the city into full investigation mode.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Dona Ana Sheriff seeks public input on cannabis legalization
- Artist pays tribute to murdered Tejano singer with a mural in Espanola
- US heat wave just warming up for long and scorching weekend
- Police search for suspect in Santa Fe shooting
- New Mexico father accused of killing toddler returns to jail
- New Mexico Lottery CEO receives 26% pay increase
- House OKs $15 minimum wage, setting marker for 2020 campaign
- Law enforcement honored at Crime Stoppers’ Hero Luncheon
- Albuquerque man shares unique gift from Neil Armstrong
- San Juan Regional Medical Center launches new ‘Baby Bistro’ initiative
- Lavender in the Village Festival returns to Los Ranchos for 2-day event