1. Two infants have been taken to the hospital and one person is in custody after a fire at an apartment complex in the Northeast Heights. The fire is near San Pedro and Topke. That’s just north of Montgomery.
2. Santa Fe police have confirmed Thursday’s double shooting was a murder-suicide. According to autopsy reports, Jessie Saucedo shot his wife Ernestine before turning the gun on himself.
3. Valencia County detectives are asking for help identifying a woman found murdered and dumped. Investigators say they’ve compared missing person’s cases in New Mexico and other states, but have not found any matches.
4. Strong high pressure is making it difficult for valleys and plains to pick up rain this week. Mountain ranges, especially north, will be a much different story. As the high backs off slightly, rain chances will correspondingly slightly increase into Monday.
Full Story: Connor’s Friday Evening Forecast
5. The woman caught red-handed burglarizing an Albuquerque fire station has been ordered released despite her long history of not following the rules.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Case dropped against man accused of attempted kidnapping
- NMSP identify 5 victims killed in vehicle collision near Jal
- Truck driver beaten and left for dead, now desperate to find attackers
- New Mexico AG wants new sex offender law amid Epstein probe
- APD to host gun buyback event July 13
- UNMH eyeing major expansion while dealing with overcrowding
- Rio Bravo interchange project nearing completion
- Senators fighting to protect New Mexicans from groundwater contamination
- Years in the making, Taos Hindu temple housing rare statue opens
- Albuquerque Museum exhibit gives inside look at rare artifacts including ‘Billy the Kid’ letters
- Taos Pueblo kicks off annual Pow Wow