1. Two people are dead after a shooting in the parking lot of the State Education Department on Don Gaspar just south of the Santa Fe Plaza. Police have identified those two people as 32-year-old Ernestine Saucedo and 34-year-old Jessie Saucedo.
2. A proposed apartment complex has neighbors in the Heights up in arms. Their neighborhood near La Cueva is dotted with pricy homes and they don’t think an apartment complex will add to it.
Full Story: Neighbors upset about proposed apartment complex
3. High pressure will remain over the state through the weekend. This will result in isolated afternoon storms. Most areas will see afternoon clouds but widespread rain in not likely given the high location. The high may well shift a little early next week allowing in a little more moisture.
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
4. An Espanola jeweler who operated his business near a daycare center is facing child pornography charges. According to a search warrant, a former employee of 69-year-old David Dear went onto a work computer to make a brochure when she found pornographic images of girls.
5. Several people are dead after an early morning crash in Lea County. State Police say around 7 a.m. a semi-truck crashed into a pickup truck on State Road 128 near Jal. At last check, State Road 128 is still shut down.
Full Story: Fatal crash closes NM 128 near Jal
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Arizona woman accused of smuggling after Border Patrol stop
- Trump administration plans immigration enforcement operation
- Albuquerque launches new ‘crime strategy’ webpage
- Mountain lion sightings near Ruidoso prompt warning
- Penguins settle into their new home ahead of BioPark exhibit opening
- Small strip of landscaping at Old Albuquerque High Lofts leads to court battle
- Santa Fe approves funding for public restrooms near plaza
- Espanola kicks off first annual New Mexico Folk Art Market
- NASA project proves New Mexico chile is out of this world