Sara Robbins with Dairy Max demonstrates how to enjoy pizza without the guilt.
She appeared on New Mexico Living and talked about how you can make a healthy pizza at home.
Shredded Chicken and Walnut Pizza
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 whole-wheat pizza dough portion
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 6 ounces (1½ cups) shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Recipe for Shredded Chicken and Walnut Pizza
Place an oven rack in the lowest position. Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush a rimmed baking sheet (approx. 10×15 inches) with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Roll dough to the size of the baking sheet and transfer to sheet.
Allow to rest a few minutes; stretch to cover the pan.
Brush remaining oil on dough; sprinkle with onion, Cheddar cheese, chicken, walnuts and dates.
Bake until bottom is crisp and starting to brown and cheese is melted and bubbling, 10 to 14 minutes.
Drizzle with maple syrup and top with arugula.