1. A judge has ruled that notorious teen killer Nehemiah Griego will be sentenced as an adult. Griego was just 15 years old when he shot and killed his parents and three younger siblings in 2013. On Friday, Judge Alissa Hart ruled not only is Griego unfit for release, he’s no longer eligible for rehabilitation in the juvenile system.
2. A New Mexico police officer got an unwelcome addition with his fast-food order. The officer took a picture of what he got when he ordered a burger at the Clovis Burger King. That picture has now gone viral.
3. Earlier this week, KRQE News 13 reported on the man accused of going on a crime spree along Eubank. Now, police say after News 13’s story ran showing his pictures, they got an anonymous tip identifying him.
4. A deep monsoon flow combined with a few weather disturbances will keep New Mexico pretty wet through the weekend. Showers will hold on tonight before overnight clearing. On Saturday numerous storms will develop by the afternoon.
Full Story: Mark’s Friday Evening Forecast
5. When officers found a man trying to break into a Santa Fe Jimmy John’s, they tried stopping him. But they say because he was clearly on drugs, even tasing him wouldn’t calm him down.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Bernalillo County launches app to track collected needles
- $6 million awarded to New Mexico agencies to combat opioid crisis
- Group tasked with developing new teacher evaluation system
- Marine killed in WWII buried in Santa Fe
- Men honored for saving children from burning apartment building
- City of Albuquerque vows to protect rights of Native Americans
- PNM converts over half of Albuquerque’s streetlights to LED
- Forest Fire prevention icon Smokey Bear is turning 75