1. For the first time, people are getting a look at the horrifying moments after police say a woman threw her dog off a downtown Albuquerque balcony — and it’s this new video that has now landed her husband in legal trouble too.
2. He’s accused of tricking people into thinking he was a police officer, but some alert residents knew something wasn’t right and called the real police. It took a multi-state search to finally find him.
3. The Isotopes are offering a way for fans to give back to the El Paso shooting victims. The team will be partnering with Vitalant Blood Services to host a mobile blood drive at this Monday’s games against the Round Rock Express.
Full Story: Isotopes holding blood drive for El Paso victims
4. Deep southerly moisture will combine with a couple of weather disturbances to keep widespread storms going across to Nee Mexico into the weekend. The first disturbance moves in on Friday spreading storms across a good portion of New Mexico.
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
5. It was a scary day in Albuquerque: A man went on a shooting spree across town, ending with several officers shot and the suspect dead. Thursday, those officers were honored for their heroic actions that day.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Immigrants lock doors, rally around children of detained
- Former Miss New Mexico leader accused of embezzlement
- DOT asks for input on upcoming transportation projects
- Covenant Health to open new hospital in Hobbs
- New rule allows candidates to use campaign funding for childcare
- ABQ Sunport celebrates life of beloved employee
- Albuquerque teen hikes 50 miles to raise money for local food pantry
- Cool spring weather causes chile harvest delay
- Forest Fire prevention icon Smokey Bear is turning 75
- Local brewery to host fundraiser for Animal Humane