1. A State Police officer has been suspended and recently fired from his high school coaching job. Those moves come in the wake of some alarming allegations. The teen says it happened back in March when she was a high school senior.
2. Vice President Mike Pence dropped in on Artesia, New Mexico, Wednesday afternoon. His campaign visit focused on the trade agreement the president is pushing for. The vice president told the crowds the new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada would greatly bolster the booming oil industry in New Mexico.
Full Story: Vice President Mike Pence visits New Mexico
3. A local principal is charged with DWI and reckless driving. While he claimed there was a good reason for his truck being in such bad shape at the time, police did not buy it.
Full Story: Moriarty High School principal arrested for DWI
4. An Albuquerque man accused of killing a woman in the North Valley will stay locked up. Police arrested 35-year-old Jared Ryan for the murder of 43-year-old Patricia Esquibel on Saturday. Ryan claims he got into an argument with Esquibel when she pulled out a knife.
5. After an active storm day across the state, our weather pattern will take a turn to drier conditions to end the week. Look for fewer storms to develop Thursday with the best chance to get wet setting up across the east.
Full Story: Mark’s Wednesday Evening Forecast
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Former UNM athletics director Paul Krebs indicted in connection to Scotland golf trip
- Former Gov. Bill Richardson offers to help with Jeffery Epstein investigation
- $30,000 worth of property stolen from Quemado ranch
- Man faces potential prison time for keeping pet gator in Santa Fe
- New Mexico county will require workers to get paid leave
- NMDOH warns of vaping-associated lung disease
- Teams compete in LANL’s Annual HAZMAT Challenge
- DOE announces $75M in upgrades at WIPP
- ENMU hopes to secure liquor license for more special events
- New Mexico man creates app offering virtual tours of Santa Fe
- Explora science center announces $4 million expansion
- Rescue dog to star in live-action ‘Lady and the Tramp’ remake