1. It’s alarming enough watching video of police pulling over a suspected drunk driver who seems to have no idea what he’s doing. It’s downright frightening when you learn he already has 12 DWIs.
2. At least one gunman opened fire on police Wednesday as they were serving a drug warrant in a Philadelphia neighborhood, wounding six officers and triggering a standoff that extended into the evening, including a potential hostage situation, authorities said. (AP)
3. With her baby strapped to her chest and two toddlers in the back, State Police say they found a drunk mom who had crashed into a bush in southern New Mexico. She then tried to give police a bizarre excuse that they weren’t falling for.
4. The state held its first public meeting on legalizing marijuana on Wednesday. The big concern: who would run it and who should make money off it.
5. Scattered storms will continue across the east tonight before drier air moves in from the west. The drier air will lead to fewer storms to end the work week and warmer temps. Few if any storms will fire over the weekend.
Full Story: Mark’s Wednesday Evening Forecast
The Evening’s Top Stories
- Parents frustrated over loss of right turn into Desert Ridge Middle School
- New Mexico governor holds summit on domestic terrorism
- Months-long sewer work near CNM nearing completion
- LEAD program kicks off in Albuquerque
- Navajo Nation president discusses closure of San Juan Generating Station
- New event to replace ‘Entrada’ at Fiestas de Santa Fe
- Belen ‘flag thief’ accused of stealing American flags
- State buildings to incorporate environmentally sustainable features
- San Juan County announces app to report illegal dumping
- Second season of ‘Roswell’ begins filming in New Mexico