1. A brawl captured on camera lasted at least five minutes right off Central Avenue in downtown Albuquerque. There were no police in sight, but now police would like to know more about the guy at the center of it all.
2. Survivors of the deadly shooting rampage at the Clovis library are now suing the shooter’s family, claiming they could have prevented the tragedy. The main claim? The teen’s dad made it way too easy for him to get his hands on a gun.
3. Moisture will move in from the east tonight increasing storm chances on Wednesday. The best storm coverage will be over eastern sections of the state but the metro area will see scattered storms.
Full Story: Mark’s Tuesday Evening Forecast
4. A notorious killer is avoiding jail time, again. Mitchell Overhand spent more than two decades behind bars for killing his parents. Then last year, he was sentenced to a year in prison for kidnapping a man, but prosecutors say he recently violated probation by testing positive for drugs.
5. The man accused in a carwash murder is behind bars. APD says detectives arrested Jerred Holguin last night following a three-week search. Police say Holguin is the man caught on video shooting and killing Matthew Shaw during an argument at a carwash near San Mateo and Lomas.
The Evening’s Top Stories
- UNM making strides in improving campus safety
- Rio Rancho schools considering metal detectors to make activities safer
- Judge releases convicted felon accused of possessing a gun
- In New Mexico, US defends authority over parole of migrants
- NM State Forestry takes inventory of thousands of trees
- Rio Rancho girl diagnosed with rare disease, fighting for her life
- One Albuquerque Fund raises $17,000 to help the homeless
- AFR thanks city councilor for repairs at Station 18
- Gov. Lujan Grisham declares this ‘Wind Week’ in New Mexico
- Virgin Galactic mothership arrives at Spaceport America