SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Renaissance Fair is happening in Santa Fe this weekend. The 13th Annual Santa Fe Renaissance Fair began Saturday at El Rancho De Las Golondrinas.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Staying windy and cooler Wednesday
- New Mexico: Sierra County Sheriff: Hot Springs High School hazing incident was assault
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
They have a lot going on, including flamenco performances, a fairy village for kids, and several vendors from across the state, as well as a metalsmith, and armored fighting. “We compete in both duels and melee in events featuring as many as in larger events – 32 or more running at each other with unsharpened steel weapons, trying to bruise, but not seriously injure our friends,” said armored fighter, Andrew Savage.
People came dressed up in their most festive Renaissance costumes. Tickets are still available for Sunday.