BAC Enterprises Military Appreciation Roof Giveaway Official Rules
1. Sponsors. This Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by KRQE News 13 (“Station”) and BAC Enterprises (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to legal U.S. citizens who reside within KRQE News 13 viewing area and are an adult at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KRQE News 13, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KRQE News 13 viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KRQE News 13 contest or sweepstakes only once every sixty (60) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Contest will begin on Monday, May 28, 2018 at 12:00 AM MST and end on Monday, July 2, 2018 at 11:59 PM MST. To enter the Contest, entrants must visit www.krqe.com /contests and submit a photo and brief essay describing why the nominee, active duty or veteran deserves/needs a roof replacement. Entrants must include their name, phone number and e-mail address in order to enter. Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by Monday, June 18, 2018 12:00 PM MST. One entry per person will be accepted. All essays are subject to review before posting. Copyrighted, illegal, inappropriate or scandalous content is prohibited. Nominee must be active or veteran who has honorably served in a branch of the United States Military and is the legal home owner.
The individual who submits a photo and essay on behalf of a nominee is not eligible to win. The individual who submits a photo and essay on behalf of a nominee must have their permission in advance of the entry to do so.
There are five (5) phases to the contest
Phase I – Call for Entries: Monday, May 28 – Monday, June 18
Phase II – Online Vote: Tuesday, June 19 – Monday, July 2
Phase III – Panel Vote: Tuesday, July 3 – Monday, July 9
Phase IV – Winner Selection: Tuesday, July 10
Phase V – New Mexico Living Live Roof Winner Announcement: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 or Thursday, July 12, 2018 during the program.
The selection of a winner from the nominated essay entries will be a two-step process. User voting will determine three (3) finalists from the essays submitted and a panel of judges will determine a winner from the three (3) finalists.
Step one: user voting will determine three (3) nominees (finalists) from the essays submitted. Beginning Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 12:01:00 am and ending on Monday, July 2, 2018, users will be able to log onto www.krqe.com /contests and vote for their favorite eligible contestant by reading that contestant’s essay. The three (3) nominees selected as finalists will proceed to Step two.
Step two: the three (3) finalist’s essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges to include BAC Enterprises and active duty military or veterans. The panel of judges will select the contest winner.
The criteria for selection are the needs of the service person and the essay’s ability to clearly communicate the need.
The winner will be determined upon completion of the judge’s review of the three finalist’s essays. The winner will be announced live on Fox New Mexico between 9:00 am and 10:00 am on Wednesday, July 11, 2018, or Thursday, July 12, 2018. The winner will be notified prior to the announcement. The remaining finalists will become alternates accordingly if the prize winner is unable to fulfill the requirements of the contest.
Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release by Monday, July 16, 2018, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by the sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or these Official Rules.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.krqe.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. Entries not conforming to these entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize(s). There will be one (1) winner in this Contest. On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, the winner will be notified that they won by phone or e-mail. The winner will receive one (1) Gift Certificate for $15,000 for a roof replacement from BAC Enterprises.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. If winner wants to change items from the stated prizes, they will do so at their own expense and with the understanding that the changes may cause a delay in construction. Other restrictions may apply.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
6. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner(s) must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Station during regular business hours (M-F from 8:30 AM MST – 4:00 PM MST). Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by Monday, July 16, 2018 at noon MST or it/they will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notifications will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Upon forfeiture of the prize(s), the Station has the right to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days. If this Contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize(s) and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. If a prize winner is a minor, that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. Prize(s) may subject to availability. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, and changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.krqe.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
7. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
8. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.krqe.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to prosecute or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact KRQE News 13 at 13 Broadcast Plaza SW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KRQE News 13 within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.