ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A local non-profit is asking locals to get out and hike to help feed families in need. The Rio Grande Food Project’s 5th annual Hike to End Hunger kicked off this weekend and will run through Sunday.
People can submit photos with the hashtag “hiketoendhungerabq” to help spread awareness and buy special shirts to help the cause. Every donation up to $20,000 will be matched. More details are available on the Rio Grande Food Project’s website.
- Albuquerque police looking for man who broke into Isleta Elementary
- This #GivingTuesday make life-changing wishes come true
- Hundreds of maquiladora workers pour into Tijuana hospitals with virus symptoms
- ‘Juno’ star Elliot Page announces he is transgender
- Humans demolish Utah monolith and trash delicate desert