ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico school board member is doing what she can to help students read while out of class.
Hope Morales of Roswell started a reading group on Facebook. Teachers, parents and kids can tune in live once a day as Morales reads a children’s book.
“It’s just to spread a message that even though we may be going through challenging times, we can still connect, we can still support each other, and students can still learn in a fun way,” said Morales.
Moreles plans on hosting a live reading each night at 7 p.m.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites