ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - Bernalillo County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a suspicious death on Saturday.
The deputies were dispatched at about 7:00 p.m. to a suspicious death of a woman identified as 41-year-old Alma Contreras.
Through a preliminary investigation, deputies were able to identify 44-year-old Christopher Fernandez as a suspect. Fernandez was located at the Bluewater Apartments at 6600 Coors Blvd. where he barricaded himself inside an apartment and refused to exit.
The SWAT team and Crisis Negotiation Team were dispatched and after over an hour of negotiation Fernandez surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody.
Deputies are still investigating.
- Sunport officials remind travelers about their parking options
- Utility project restricts traffic on Montgomery between Louisiana, San Mateo
- Task force fails to back Santa Fe public bank idea
- Vietnam veterans to be honored at Santa Fe National Cemetery
- Proposed UNM tuition increase to benefit student safety