ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - The Sandia National Laboratories is planning to conduct a controlled explosion test Saturday between 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The test will take place on the south side of the Sandia testing area on the Kirkland Air Force Base.
Albuquerque residents should expect to hear an explosion associated with the experiment.
Black smoke and dust may also be visible above the labs for a short time following the test.
According to a release, the tests are being conducted in accordance with permits from Sandia's test facilities and are in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
The test dates and times are subject to change based on weather conditions.
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place