ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - Christmas came early for a family who lost everything. Stephanie Baca and her three kids lost their home, car and more after her husband died last year.
After hearing her story, a program called Recycled Rides stepped in to help. Geico donated the vehicle after it was deemed a total loss. Then, LKQ donated the parts to have it fixed and car crafters repaired the car.
The family said the new ride brings them relief and hope.
- City council approves raises for Albuquerque firefighters
- Monday marks 10-year anniversary of snowboarding at Taos Ski Valley
- First responders in Santa Fe shave their heads for kids with cancer
- Roswell Police identify weekend murder suspect
- La Plata County won't fill empty positions due to budget shortfall