ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - The conviction of a man who robbed a jewelry store and shot and killed the clerk will stand.
Manuel Gardner walked into the National Jewelry Buyers store on Coors near Cottonwood in July 2013, stole $1,700, then shot and killed Richard Glass.
Gardner was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
Gardner appealed claiming among other things, a witness perjured herself.
The Supreme Court ruled that testimony did not affect the outcome of the trial, so his life sentence stands.
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place