SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) - A renovated art venue will create hundreds of new jobs.
The Vladum Art Annex will be an addition to the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.
Thursday, the museum announced a major donation will pay for the venue's final renovations.
Officials say once it's complete the venue will bring lots of new money and jobs to the state.
"It'll bring $194 million in new economic activity to the city of Santa Fe, but also to the state of New Mexico," said Veronica Gonzales, New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs.
The state says the art museum will help create 345 jobs.
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place