ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - Even though the $758.7 million Powerball Jackpot was not won in New Mexico, five lucky New Mexico Powerball ticket holders are getting some good news Thursday.
"We are very excited to announce that [Wednesday] night's Powerball draw generated a $2-million, a $1-million, a $200,000 and two $50,000 winning tickets in New Mexico," David Barden, New Mexico Lottery CEO said in a release.
Earlier this week, Lenard Bulmer of Albuquerque bought the $1-million winning Mega Millions ticket for the August 18 drawing.
In less than one week, a few lucky New Mexicans have had their lottery tickets payout big.
Since Sunday, Powerball sales in New Mexico were approximately over $2.7-million for Wednesday night's drawing.
The winning $758.7-million ticket was sold at a convenience store in Massachusetts.
The winner of the ticket, Mavis Wanczyk claimed her prize Thursday.
New Mexicans have only 90 days to claim your prize at the lottery headquarters in Albuquerque.
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place