NEW YORK (AP) — A New York judge has refused to order the release of photographs and video of a Saudi citizen detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in the investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Authorities have said Mohammed al-Qahtani (kah-TAH'-nee) narrowly missed being the 20th hijacker when he was denied entry into the U.S. at an Orlando, Fla., airport. Charges against him were dropped.
The Center for Constitutional Rights sued the government last year in Manhattan. The organization said the release of videotapes and photographs of his interrogation were in the public interest.
Federal Judge Naomi Reice (rees) Buchwald said Friday that the images were properly classified by the government.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Three Albuquerque veterans remember vividly the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor that brought the U.S. into World War II 72 years ago Saturday.
After getting out of federal prison early this week it looks like former state Sen. Manny Aragón isn't at a halfway house after all. He's back at his own house in the South Valley.
The owner and an employee of a local smoke shop are in federal custody accused of selling spice at the Rio Rancho store.
The New Mexico State Police officer who fired his weapon at van filled with kids during a traffic stop gone bad has been fired.
The civil case filed against former cop Levi Chavez in the gunshot death of his wife is coming to an end without a trial.
Could there be a serial dog snatcher in Roswell?