RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina court says it will not revive a lawsuit from one of the country's largest auto racing track operators which says local officials reneged on millions of dollars in tax breaks for a new drag strip.
A three-judge state Court of Appeals panel ruled Tuesday against Speedway Motorsports Inc. and Charlotte Motor Speedway, which sued Cabarrus County.
The companies had threatened to move the 135,000-seat speedway and build a new drag strip somewhere other than the Charlotte region unless they got the tax breaks. They say they decided to build the drag strip and upgrade the speedway after an oral agreement for $80 million in tax breaks.
The appeals court says there was no binding contract since nothing was put in writing until after the drag strip opened.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A Colorado company is recalling 45 tons of meat and poultry products a federal agency says were produced under unsanitary conditions.
New Mexico could become the third state in the nation to let doctors help their terminally-ill patients end their lives by prescribing medication to end their suffering.
APD is budgeted for 1,100 officers. Right now, the number of sworn officers is closer to 900.
The attorney for a state cop fired last week for shooting at a minivan full of kids tells News 13 her client deserves his job back.
An Albuquerque Police officer involved shooting over the weekend marks the fifth since late October and city officials are taking notice.
A woman was stolen from her daughter's car, a woman who died more than five years ago.