WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.
Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw.
Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.
He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Wenatchee, a city of more than 30,000, is about 130 miles from Seattle.
Information from: KPQ-AM, http://www.kpq.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
An emotional mother is still waiting for answers about what happened to her missing daughter.
The federal jury weighing a life or death sentence for convicted killer John McCluskey has announced it couldn't reach a decision.
New details about the two New Mexico men arrested Tuesday for the murder of a Texas woman.
They are two coaches building their respective football programs.
It was a Food Network show that inspired some students at Sandia High School.
Albuquerque will soon be getting a new library, the first one built here in decades.