CEDAREDGE, Colo. (AP) — One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.
According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (http://tinyurl.com/osxkwwg), the boys and one other friend were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.
A spokeswoman for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children said Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie was in critical condition. The third teen was hospitalized in good condition.
The boys' ages weren't released, but the newspaper reports all three were students at Cedaredge High School.
Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The bicyclist killed in a collision at Kirtland Air Force Base on Wednesday has been identified as a marine corps veteran and long-time employee of Lockheed martin.
The people who benefit the most by earning their GED will soon have the toughest time getting it.
A man who carjacked a woman in a church parking lot will spend seven years in prison as part of a plea deal.
Flags were lowered to half-staff across South Africa and people in black townships, in upscale mostly white suburbs and in the country's vast rural grasslands commemorated Nelson Mandela with song, tears and prayers on Friday while …
The Sandoval County sheriff's sergeant hit while investigating a weather related crash remains in critical condition.
The New Mexico State Police officer who fired shots at a minivan full of children during a chaotic October traffic stop has been fired.