ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - This week in Albuquerque is filled with comedy, music, and first responders football!
Albuquerque Restaurant Week
- Details: Albuquerque Restaurant Week returns for its ninth year in 2018! Delicious, three-course prix-fixe dinners are priced at just $15, $25, $35, or $45 per person, depending upon the restaurant. Many restaurants will offer value-priced lunches as well. Some of the participating restaurants include Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila, Artichoke Café, MÁS Tapas y Vino, Farm & Table, Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro and more!
- Date and Time: Now – March 11, times vary by restaurant
- Location: Varies
- Price: Varies per restaurant, ranging from $15-$45/person
Duke City Gladiators 1st Responders Night
- Details: Professional Indoor Football is back in Albuquerque & the Duke City Gladiators are in their fourth season! Join in along with Mayor Keller as we go ALL IN to support our fans and local first responders. Mayor Keller will be playing as an Honorary Gladiator and in the Spirit of giving back, we are offering free General Admission! In addition you can go to gladiatortix.com and purchase a Premium or VIP ticket and we will donate 50 percent to a charity of each branch's choice. Also we will be raffling 6-Dinner and a Movie for 2 packages during our game. Come on out and have a great time with us as we give back to our community and kick off our season!
- Date and Time: Saturday, 6 p.m.
- Location: EXPO New Mexico Tingley Coliseum
- Price: Free general admission $25-VIP
Revolutions International Theatre Festival
- Details: The Revolutions International Theatre Festival returns for its eighteenth year of bringing thrilling, punk-rocking, hilarious, clowning, disturbing, political, and groundbreaking international performance to Albuquerque. The festival embodies Tricklock’s mission of international exchange, collaboration, and artistic freedom. Join Tricklock and artists from Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Chile, Canada, Argentina, France, Hungary, and the USA as we celebrate the arts and their essential ability to cross borders and oceans, bringing us all together in the shared, sacred space of artistic exchange. Don’t forget The Reptilian Lounge, ABQ’s longest running late night cabaret, the Excavations: new works series, and more!
- Date and Time: Now – March 31, times vary, locations vary
- Location: Tricklock Company
- Price: Free
Concert: Lee Brice
- Details: Route 66 Casino presents country music performer Lee Brice at Albuquerque's Legends Theater. Lee Brice is a multiple ACM and CMA award winner with a GRAMMY nomination, six RIAA platinum singles – and more than 10 Million singles sold — under his belt. The “melodically eloquent” (New York Times) power vocalist, songwriter and producer has celebrated five #1s including “I Drive Your Truck” and “Drinking Class."
- Date and Time: Saturday, 8 p.m.
- Location: Route 66 Casino Hotel
- Price: $45-$90
Comedy: Carlos Mencia
- Details: Carlos Mencia began his career doing stand-up on amateur night at the world-renowned comedy club, Laugh Factory. He later showcased at The Comedy Store and became a regular, performing nightly. After he found success on the L.A comedy circuit, Mencia was named "International Comedy Grand Champion" from Buscando Estrellas (the Latino version of Star Search). This led to appearances on "In Living Color," "The Arsenio Hall Show," "Moesha" and "An Evening at the Improv." Most recently, Mencia has gone back to his comedic roots, performing at a number of comedy venues - allowing him to share his newest material with a more intimate audience.
- Date and Time: Saturday 8 p.m.
- Location: Sandia Resort & Casino
- Price: $40-$75
Sister Act, the Musical
- Details: Deloris Van Cartier is an aspiring singer in Philadelphia, where she is auditioning to perform at her gangster boyfriend's nightclub. Deloris believes that Curtis is going to introduce her to a big producer, but is upset when he tells her she is not ready. Hurt and rejected, Deloris decides to break up with him, but when she goes to find him she accidentally sees him kill one of his cronies. Deloris runs to the police, who place her in hiding at a convent until Curtis is brought to trial. At first, Deloris feels as though it will be the worst thing in the world, chafing against the constraints of convent life and an immovable Reverend Mother, but once she is introduced to the struggling choir at the convent, everything changes. She finds that many of the nuns at the convent are not that different from her, and that they are quite fun to be around. They help give her a bigger purpose in her life, showing her a genuine love and affection that was missing prior to her arrival at the convent.
- Date and Time: Friday – March 31, Friday & Saturdays 7:30 p.m., Sundays 2 p.m.
- Location: Albuquerque Little Theater
- Price: $15-25
Los Flamencos Siguen Bailando
- Details: Join the National Institute of Flamenco and Tierra Adentro of New Mexico for an evening of flamenco dance by our student company, the Tierra Adentro Dance Ensemble. These talented performers showcase many types of flamenco dance, crisp castanets, vivid costumes, and an evening of unforgettable flamenco.
- Date and Time: Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m.
- Location: South Broadway Cultural Center
- Price: $10-$15
For more information, visit the ABQ365 website.