ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - City Animal Welfare is hoping to find loving forever homes for the more than 500 animals in their care by offering adoption incentives.
The City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department is busy preparing for the big March Mutt-ness pet adoption event. About 500 sheltered pets are waiting to get into the game of family life.
The adoption event will be held at all city shelters. The tip-off will be March 10 and the event will conclude on March 11.
There will be a $5 adoption fee for all animals. Each adoption will include spay or neuter, all vaccinations required by law, and a microchip. The Animal Welfare Department is also offering one day of free basic dog training with every adoption.
- Westside Shelter: 11800 Sunset Gardens Rd. SW – 10:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Eastside Shelter: 8920 Lomas Blvd. NE – 10:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Lucky Paws: 6600 Menual NE - 11:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Sunday- Noon- 6 p.m.
- Proposed UNM tuition increase to benefit student safety
- UNM breaks ground on new science building
- Illegal trail building in Durango cause problems for public land managers
- Television special to feature Gila National Forest campground
- New Mexico gets federal funds to help restore wildlife, fish populations