ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - A man convicted of murder for his role in the Torreon cabin murders is in trouble again in Alaska.
Shawn Popeleski, 40, has been living in Alaska. Back in 1995, 23-year-old Cassandra Sedillo and her boyfriend were shot to death in a cabin in Torreon.
Sedillo's two sons, ages 3 and 4, were left to starve to death.
Popeleski was acquitted of killing the adults but charged with second-degree murder for the death of the two boys.
KTUU in Anchorage reports Popeleski was arrested last month. He was on probation for burglary.
----Send a Breaking News TipReport an error or typoLearn about the KRQE apps
- City council approves raises for Albuquerque firefighters
- Monday marks 10-year anniversary of snowboarding at Taos Ski Valley
- First responders in Santa Fe shave their heads for kids with cancer
- Roswell Police identify weekend murder suspect
- La Plata County won't fill empty positions due to budget shortfall