ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - An Albuquerque man who murdered his parents as a teen is set to be released in another case.
Mitchell Overhand is one of three people accused of kidnapping and torturing a man in August.
He was facing charges for tampering with evidence and conspiracy.
Chase Smotherman and Mariah Ferry are facing a first-degree murder charge.
A judge ruled Thursday that the cases for the three suspects will be separated and Overhand will be released on his own recognizance.
----Send a Breaking News TipReport an error or typoLearn about the KRQE apps
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place