DURANGO, Colo. (KRQE) - An 8-year-old girl has been killed and two other children critically injured after a crash near the New Mexico, Colorado state line. Police say 32-year-old Neysha Candelaria was traveling with four children ages nine, eight, seven and one on Highway 140 when she hit another car head on.
Police say there were slush conditions because of overnight snow and Candelaria may have been speeding.
The nine-year-old and one-year-old remain in critical condition, the seven-year-old, Candelaria and the other driver all suffered moderate injuries.
- Governor appoints state rep to Bernalillo County Commission
- Federal wildlife officials seek information about eagle shootings
- 12-year-old boy from New Mexico found guilty of aggravated assault
- New Mexico nonprofit receives largest donation its history
- New Mexico inn earns national recognition as a historic place