DURANGO, Colo. (AP) - Authorities say a 2-year-old has died after her neck became stuck in an automatic car window.
La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Chris Burke said the girl died on Wednesday.
Burke said the incident happened when a father took his daughter to work and left her unsupervised in his truck.
The Durango Herald reports that the father left the child inside with the windows down and music playing, with the keys in the accessory position.
Burke said no charges are pending against the father and the incident remains under investigation.
Authorities have not released the name of the victim or her family, but said they live in Durango.
La Plata County Coroner Jann Smith said an autopsy will be performed Monday.
Information from: Durango Herald, http://www.durangoherald.com
- Proposed UNM tuition increase to benefit student safety
- UNM breaks ground on new science building
- Illegal trail building in Durango cause problems for public land managers
- Television special to feature Gila National Forest campground
- New Mexico gets federal funds to help restore wildlife, fish populations