ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Winners of the auditions to sing the National Anthem during theState Fair rodeo concerts and two other fair-time events have beenannounced.
Out of the almost 50 singers who auditioned, the following werechosen:
- Dwayne Roberts of Mountainair for the .38 Special rodeo concert, September 17, 2009
- Nita Lujan of Las Vegas, NM for the Aaron Tippin concert, September 18, 2009
- Danielle Claypool of Tijeras for the Diamon Rio concert, September 19, 2009
- Monica Otero of Albuquerque for the Jamey Johnson concert, September 20, 2009
- Hi Tillery of Moriatrty for the Julianne Hough concert, September 23, 2009
- Jessica Gallegos, Kristy Gallegos & Christy Speakman of Albuquerque for the Billy Currington concert, September 24, 2009
- Melissa Proctor of Moriarty for The Lost Trailers concert, September 25, 2009
- Valerie Delgado & Katrina Trujillo of Albuquerque for the Chuck Wicks concert, September 26, 2009
In addition to the Rodeo Concerts, on Thursday, September 24,Danielle Claypool will sing the National Anthem for the opening ofthe Theme Day honoring Military & Veterans. And for theGathering of Counties on Saturday, September 26, AlbuquerqueanJesse Lopez will sing the anthem as well as the State Song “OFair New Mexico.”
Both events will take place at the NMSF Pavilion Stage.
After getting out of federal prison early this week it looks like former state Sen. Manny Aragón isn't at a halfway house after all. He's back at his own house in the South Valley.
The owner and an employee of a local smoke shop are in federal custody accused of selling spice at the Rio Rancho store.
The New Mexico State Police officer who fired his weapon at van filled with kids during a traffic stop gone bad has been fired.
The civil case filed against former cop Levi Chavez in the gunshot death of his wife is coming to an end without a trial.
Could there be a serial dog snatcher in Roswell?
New Mexico is at the beginning of a deep freeze, and state officials are paying close attention.