Updated: Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 8:08 AM MDT
Published : Tuesday, 06 Jul 2010, 8:08 AM MDT
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The Mountain Run shopping center in Northeast Albuquerque filled with smoke early Tuesday morning.
Members of the Albuquerque Fire Department quickly put out the fire, but not before smoke traveled through the air-duct system.
According to battalion commander Patrick Feist, around 3:30 a.m., firefighters responded to a light gray smoke coming out of Spectators Sports Bar and Grill in the shopping center. Crews made their way inside to find the stove in the cooking area of the bar was on fire. The light blaze was quickly put out.
Because it was a gas stove, fire crews made sure that the gas was safely shut off to the building. With all establishments contained in one building, smoke did spread throughout the sports club's fitness center upstairs and in a travel agency.
Commander Feist said it does appear to be accidental. No one was inside the building at the time of the fire.