Updated: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 11:03 AM MDT
Published : Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 11:03 AM MDT
TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) - A Taos dog owner said someone fed their pets poisoned meatballs on June 26.
A neighbor's dog was also poisoned. One dog got very sick and passed away.
Owners Kathy and Ed De Lucas are offering a $4,500 reward to find and Animal Protection of New Mexico is offering an additional $4,500 for information leading to an arrest.
The De Lucas believe the poisoning may have been retaliation for difficult decisions Kathy had to make as neighborhood association president.