(KRQE) - The New Mexico Tax free holiday weekend is a great time to savemoney on kids' clothing and back to school supplies. For moreinformation on the tax free weekend visit the State of NewMexico Taxation and Revenue Web site.
12:01 a.m. Friday August 7, 2009 - Midnight Sunday August 9,2009
How It Works ( see PDF forcomplete guidelines)
During the holiday the law provides a deduction from grossreciepts for retail sales allowing retailers to sell items "taxfree".
Some items on the list oftaxable/nontaxable itmes have set dollar amounts: $100 or lessfor clothing or shoes, $1000 limit on computers (related hardwarehas $500 limit) and $15 limit for standard, general-educationsupplies.
List of Taxable/Nontaxable Items
Tax List for your iPod
What you need
An iPod with a screen, except the iPod touch or iPhone,and a Dock connector (a connection using a long, narrow rectangleon the bottom of the iPod). (For an iPhone or iPod touch, seebelow.)
Note: These instructions assume you are using the mostrecent version of iTunes, which you can download on Apple's Web site .
- Click here to download and save TaxList.zip .
- Open the file.
- Open iTunes and put your iPod into disk mode. To do this, choose your iPod on the left side of the iTunes screen. Then, choose the General tab and check the "Enable Disk Use" box.
- Minimize or hide iTunes. From here, open your iPod as a disk. In Windows, open "My Computer" on the desktop or in the Start menu, then open the icon with a similar name to your iPod. On a Mac, double-click the iPod icon on your desktop.
- Open the Notes folder on your iPod.
- From the ZIP file you downloaded in Step 1, copy the folder inside as-is into the Notes folder you just opened.
- Go back to iTunes and uncheck the "Enable Disk Use" box.
The content is now on your iPod. To access it on your iPod,choose the "Extras" menu, then "Notes," then the folder. Open thefirst file in there. To exit, press the Menu button.
Tax list for your iPhone or iPod Touch
You can save the list to your device so you won't need Internetaccess later. Here's how:
- If you're using an iPod touch, connect to a Wi-Fi network. iPhone users can skip this step.
- Open Safari and visit http://sn.im/taxlist
- Touch the link on that page.
- Touch the + button at the bottom of the screen and choose "Add to Home Screen." Follow the instructions on your device.
Then, all you need to do is touch the "Tax Holiday" icon on yourhome screen to see the list.
An Albuquerque Police officer involved shooting over the weekend marks the fifth since late October and city officials are taking notice.
A woman was stolen from her daughter's car, a woman who died more than five years ago.
Albuquerque police shot and killed a man Sunday night after responding to an assault call near UNM.
Deputies were led on a chase around 4 p.m. Monday after a person called 911 to report their vehicle had been stolen and was being driven recklessly around Albuquerque.
New Mexico could have hundreds of millions of dollars more to spend as legislators get ready to put together next year's budget in the upcoming legislative session.
Organizers of the Gildan New Mexico Bowl are hoping to shed the disappointing attendance numbers that weighed down the event last year when the Colorado State Rams and the Washington State Cougars face off Dec. 21.