ALBUQUERQUE - KRQE.com is looking for a New Media Executive Producer to join our multi-platform newsroom. This individual will bring with them a sincere drive to bring Albuquerque its #1 web product by delivering the most current and dynamic content constantly.
The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator who is well versed in the technical demands of New Media and digital marketing. Job applicants must understand how content management systems work, have knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML and PHP/SQL, and be able to write thorough stories with compelling headlines.
The NMEP oversees the daily digital news content – and executes the vision – for krqe.com managing a staff of 2 web producers in addition to facilitating the contributions of other key members of the KRQE team.
The New Media Executive Producers will:
- Possess strong editorial judgment
- Be on call to cover major events 24 hours a day - responding to breaking news during off-hours
- Have complete understanding of the content management systems, web technologies and be comfortable learning new software
- Be responsible for building new content sections on the fly for breaking news
- Participate in all news meetings to facilitate digital content and generate ideas for big form coverage on web
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Execute and manage social media strategy
- Using web metrics to think & communicate strategically about developing the sites' audiences and the online capacities of newsroom staff
- Meet all assigned production deadlines
- Work irregular/odd hours and available to work weekends and holidays
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by news management
- Work cohesively with news, promotions and sales departments in digital execution
Required Skills/Education and Certification:
- College degree; at least one year experience as newscast manager preferred
- Experienced with web-publishing tools and versed with competitive sites and systems
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication/people skills
To apply, email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com .
The application deadline is open until the position has been filled. KRQE-TV, owned & operated by LIN Media is an equal opportunity employer.
The Sandia Peak Ski Area barely opened last year because there was not enough snow, but this year it's opening early.
The U.S. House has agreed on a national budget and now the bill’s headed to the Senate. What the budget bill’s passage could mean for New Mexico’s oil and natural gas industries.
It seems with every game this season he looks like the best player on the court. Lobos senior forward Cameron Bairstow continues to shine.
Cold temperatures await once again as the Lobos open College Cup play against Notre Dame on Friday.
High school basketball tournaments are plentiful as the holiday season approaches. Thursday the Joe Armijo Classic started at Albuquerque Academy.
There's been an instant response to Wednesday night's story about a dangerous intersection at a local high school.